- This event has passed.
EBC Northern New England Dam Management Program: Small Dam Repair, Rehabilitation or Removal
July 11, 2013 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Broad public interest in the future of small dams in northern New England provides an opportunity to explore dam alternatives. Removal or modification of small dams for aquatic habitat restoration; recent extreme weather events and their impacts on existing small dams; and the potential for new mini hydropower development at existing dams are all potentially viable options. This program will address current dam-related regulatory frameworks in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and provide an overview of permitting requirements for dam repair and removal. Case studies and lessons learned will be presented, and an expert panel discussion will allow for questions and answers about community issues and impacts, partnerships and funding for these projects.
Principal Regulatory Scientist, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
- Brian Fitzgerald, Streamflow Protection Coordinator, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Nancy McGrath, Outeach Coordinator, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services – Dam Bureau
- Jim Cassida, Normandeau Associates, Inc., Former Maine DEP Director of Division of Land Resource Regulation
- Dave Cedarholm, Town Engineer, Durham, New Hampshire
- Slade Moore, Gulf of Maine Council – Community Grant Program