- This event has passed.
EBC NH Seminar: Federal Stimulus and RGGI – Funding Clean Energy and Efficiency Projects in New Hampshire
April 30, 2009 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Plan to attend this EBC New Hampshire Seminar about the Federal Stimulus Program, the New Hampshire?s Renewable Energy Fund, and the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Fund and how they will be making significant investment in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in New Hampshire.
The New Hampshire Office of Energy and Planning (OEP) will discuss the programs being implementing pursuant to federal stimulus funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
OEP expects to receive approximately $59 M in funds from ARRA for three programs:
- $23.2 million to NH
- State Energy Program $25.8 million to NH
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program $12.5 million to NH
The Department of Environmental Services (DES) will discuss the Regional Green House Gas Initiative (RGGI) which has generated millions of dollars as a result of recent auctions of carbon allowances. The underlying pollution reduction programs are administered by the Department of Environmental Services (DES) through renewable portfolio standards and greenhouse gas emission reduction requirements established in the RGGI.
The New Hampshire Department of Public Utilities will discuss the role of the Division in administering the RGGI auction proceeds and the Renewable Energy Fund, the processes that will be followed in determining how the funds are distributed and what criteria will be applied in distributing funds.
This EBC program will also include a panel discussion by regulated and unregulated power producers, manufacturers, energy efficiency project providers and public interest organizations. The panel will address key issues on how the marketplace can be expected to move forward in the current regulatory and economic climate.
- Amy Ignatius, Director, New Hampshire Energy and Planning Office
- Jack Ruderman. Director – Sustainable Energy Division, New Hampshire Public Utility Commission
- Robert Scott, Director, Air Resources Division, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
Reflections from the Market Place
- Jim Grady, LighTec Inc.
- Lynn Tillotson, PSNH
- Jim O’Brien, Granite State Conservation Voters (Invited)
- Christopher Sherman, NE Power Generators Association
- Michelle Hamm, Monadnock Paper Mills