While the economic forecast remains uncertain, it appears that mergers and acquisitions have picked up steam and we are hopeful that property transactions will follow. Are you ready? Are you up to date?
Join us as we prepare for the economic recovery by learning what is new, why it matters, and how to deal with it. We will start with a discussion of market metrics—what is actually happening with transactions. We will then focus on building components, which has been big news over the last several months, including PCBs in caulking and other materials, contaminants in drywall, and concerns with insulation. We will also talk about whether vapor intrusion issues are affecting transactions and whether the ASTM standard is gaining traction in Massachusetts. Finally, we will discuss energy efficiency issues have changed how due diligence is done.
8:00 a.m. Welcome: Robert Hasevlat, Chair EBC New Hampshire Chapter
Business Development Manager, Normandeau Associates
Introduction: Elizabeth Krol, Program Co-Chair, Northeast Due Diligence Manager
Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure Group
8:10 a.m. Due Diligence Today: Are We Picking up Where We Left Off?
8:20 a.m. Keynote Address: “The New England Transactional and M&A Climate: Crawling Out of the Downturn”
- Dianne Crocker, Managing Director, Market Research Group, Environmental Data Resources, Inc.
8:50 a.m. ASTM’s New Vapor Encroachment Standard: How Vapor Intrusion is Being Addressed in Real Estate Transactions
- Inter-relationship between ASTM 1527-05 and 2600-10 – Dianne Crocker, Managing Director, Market Research Group, Environmental Data Resources, Inc.
- Demonstration: EDR’s Vapor Encroachment Screening Application (VEC-APP) – Bart Sobieralski, New England Regional Manager, Environmental Data Resources, Inc.
9:35 a.m. Developer’s Perspective: 20 acre impacted site redevelopment
- Roger Dieker, CB Richard Ellis (Invited)
10:00a.m. Networking Break
10:30 a.m. Green Building Due Diligence—Emerging Best Practices
- Brian Burstiner, Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, Inc.
11:00 a.m. Finding Money for Investing in Alternative Energy as Part of Your Project
- Jessica Graf, Esq. (Invited)
11:15 a.m. Emerging Issues with Building Components: PCBs, Drywall from China, and Foam Insulation
- Paul Farrington, Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure Group (Invited)
11:30 a.m. Managing Risk in Due Diligence Transactions
- Lyn Lustig, Esq., Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo P.C.
- Maureen Domenicone, Ironshore Environmental (Invited)
12:00 p.m. Open Discussion – Q & A
12:30 p.m. Adjourn