- This event has passed.
EBC NH Chapter Remediation Program: Managing PCB Contaminated Caulking in Older Buildings
November 28, 2012 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Over the past several years, the occurrence of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in building materials has been a growing concern for public and private property owners in New England. The approaches used for the management of these materials, however, have been inconsistently applied throughout the industry. This EBC program will focus on issues of PCB-impacted building materials, pertinent regulations, types of waste, assessment techniques, risk characterization, remediation/abatement methods, disposal options, and deed restrictions for remaining impacts. The program will feature the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Region I TSCA PCB Coordinator, Kim Tisa, who will provide a review of regulatory developments. In addition presentations will include public/private property owners and an environmental attorney who will share their experiences.
Senior Associate, Weston & Sampson
Kimberly N. Tisa
PCB Coordinator – U.S. EPA – Region 1
- Keith Dubois, NH DES (invited)
- Mike Ericson, Con-Test Laboratory
- Dr. Steve Zemba, Cambridge Environmental (invited)
- Brian McCormack, Weston & Sampson
- Dean Soultanian, TMC Environmental
- Mike Quinn, McLan, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton
- Pete Long, EQ – The Environmental Quality Company