This EBC New Hampshire program will provide EBC members with a background on the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) wetland rule making process, and a status update on the draft wetlands rules. Specific focus will be given to the proposed changes to the coastal rules, including a summary of vulnerability assessments and new design standards for coastal projects. As part of the topic, DES will discuss sea-level rise projections for coastal New Hampshire and how the proposed wetland rules incorporate considerations of sea level rise. DES will also discuss proposed changes to shoreline stabilization projects and incentives for living shoreline design.
The program will conclude with a robust panel discussion between attendees and the speakers.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Lee E. Carbonneau, PWS/NHCWS, Senior Principal Scientist, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
- Tracy Tarr, CWS, CESSWI, CWB, Senior Project Manager, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Cindy Balcius, Legislative Committee Chair, New Hampshire Association of Natural Resource Scientists
- Kirsten Howard, CFM, Coastal Resilience Coordinator, New Hampshire Coastal Program, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Mary Ann Tilton, Assistant Bureau Administrator, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Tracy Tarr of GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through May 3||After May 3|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, May 6. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.