This EBC New Hampshire program will provide EBC members with a background on the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) wetland rule making process, and a status update on the draft wetlands rules. Specific focus will be given to the proposed changes to the coastal rules, including a summary of vulnerability assessments and new design standards for coastal projects. As part of the topic, DES will discuss sea-level rise projections for coastal New Hampshire and how the proposed wetland rules incorporate considerations of sea level rise. DES will also discuss proposed changes to shoreline stabilization projects and incentives for living shoreline design.
The program will conclude with a robust panel discussion between attendees and the speakers.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.
- Lee E. Carbonneau, PWS/NHCWS, Senior Principal Scientist, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
- Tracy Tarr, CWS, CESSWI, CWB, Senior Project Manager, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Cindy Balcius, Legislative Committee Chair, New Hampshire Association of Natural Resource Scientists
- Kirsten Howard, CFM, Coastal Resilience Coordinator, New Hampshire Coastal Program, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Mary Ann Tilton, Assistant Bureau Administrator, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Tracy Tarr of GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Jessica Buckingham Normandeau Associates Aquatic Taxonomist
Heidi Caprood Sanborn Head Project Manager
Garrett De Lotto Globalcycle, Inc. Account Manager
Adam Dumville McLane Middleton PA Associate
Lisa Ferrisi Normandeau Associates Environmental Scientist
Viggo Fish McLane Middleton Attorney
Kevin Garvey CDM Smith Project Manager
Jim Grorgantas Con-Test Analytical Account Manager
Ji Im CDM Smith Environmental Engineer
Peter King Geosyntec Consultants Principal Engineer
Elizabeth McKinley Davey Resource Group Project Manager
Tom O’Donovan Water Division, NH DES Director
Anthony Picone GZA Engineer II
Harrison Roakes Sanborn Head Project Manager
Nathan Sarapas Job Seeker Engineer in Training