This EBC New Hampshire Program will address opportunities and challenges as NH prepares for the upcoming Gulf of Maine Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force that will focus on Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf.
In the next four years, US developers are expecting to manufacture, construct and install over 4,000 megawatts of offshore wind power, much of it off the Atlantic coast.* In order to compete globally, the US market requires special skills and resources garnered from multiple states. New Hampshire is well-positioned to provide these resources and gain commercial benefits, and the state has a long history of collaboration in regional work groups and councils.
This EBC Offshore Wind Program will feature expert presentations by State, Federal and Industry leaders and a panel session to address challenges and opportunities, as well as necessary next steps for New Hampshire. Some major regional challenges include identifying US supply chain capacities and developing cooperation among states on regional port strategies, workforce issues, electricity transmission and grid integration.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Robert LaBelle, (Retired) Deputy Associate Director, Offshore Energy, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Colonel (Retired) Curtis Thalken, P.E., Senior Vice President, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
Offshore Wind Update — BOEM Process for Planning, Leasing, & Development
- Darryl Francois, Office of Renewable Energy Programs, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
Role of the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC)
- Bruce Carlisle, Senior Director, Offshore Wind, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
State Agency Perspectives
- Taylor Caswell, Commissioner, New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs
- Ted Diers, Bureau of Watershed Management Administration, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Joe Doiron, Deputy Director & State Energy Program Administrator, New Hampshire Office of Strategic Initiatives
- Doug Grout, Chief of Marine Division, New Hampshire Department of Fish and Game
Offshore Wind Developer Perspectives
- Ken Bowes, Vice President, Offshore Wind Siting & Permitting, Eversource Energy
- Bill White, Managing Director, EnBW North America
Following the speaker presentations will be a moderated discussion.
- Barry Needleman, Partner, McLane Middleton
Thank you to our GOLD Sponsor
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through October 22||After October 22|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 23. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.