EBC / SWANA / NRRA Program: “Talking Trash” – Third Annual Conference on Solid Waste Management in Northern New England
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor:
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsors:
- Solid Waste Association of North America – Northern New England Chapter
- Solid Waste Association of North America – Southern New England Chapter
- Northeast Resource Recovery Association
- National Waste & Recycling Association
- Air & Waste Management Association – New England Chapter
More so than in any other part of the country, managing solid waste in New England continues to evolve into a rapidly growing crisis due to several issues including:
- Diminishing disposal capacity
- Closing facilities
- Extreme difficulties in siting new facilities
- Growing public demand towards zero waste
- Combined with a lag in new feasible technology
- Growing pressure to increase recycling
This EBC New Hampshire Chapter / SWANA / NRRA Solid Waste program will focus on the evolving state of solid waste management in northern New England. Issues to be discussed include existing and planned solid waste capacities, new and developing initiatives, market prices, and trends. The program will pull together all the major waste management players in northern New England and will draw on expertise from SWANA, NRRA and EBC. Don’t miss this must attend program.
Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.75 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- David Murphy, Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Mike Durfor, Executive Director, Northeast Resource Recovery Association
- Kevin Roche, General Manager, ecomaine; President, SWANA Northern New England Chapter
- David Allen, General Manager, Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
- George Aronson, Principal, CommonWealth Resource Management Corporation
- Tony Belanger, Director of Operations, Pinard Waste Systems
- Steven Changaris, Regional Manager, National Waste & Recycling Association
- Jim Connolly, SVP, Environmental, Health & Safety, Wheelabrator Technologies Inc.
- George Drew, Environmental Compliance Specialist, Covanta Energy
- Ben Harvey, Executive Vice President, E. L. Harvey & Sons, Inc.
- Duane C. Himes, Associate, Weston & Sampson
- Steve Poggi, Area Director of Disposal Operations, New England, Waste Management, Inc.
- TJ Troiano, General Manager, Troiano Waste Services, Inc.
Visit the Presentations section of the EBC website to view the available presentations.