EBC New Hampshire Chapter Climate Change Program: Effective Response Preparation and Funding for Severe Weather Events
The effects of Climate Change are now evident in many aspects of society, ranging from decision making to financing recovery. The lasting impacts of catastrophic weather events have created opportunities to learn from, and improve upon, managing emergency situations efficiently and effectively. As fund allocation expands and penetrates further down the recovery chain, increased preparation activities and training will be available. Furthermore, in order to ensure the effects of Climate Change are not further exacerbated, the environmental implications of event restoration will be proactively considered. In response to these evolving requirements, new approaches in Emergency Preparedness programs at the State, Municipal and Private stakeholder level are underway. Although these programs may vary, their goal of preparation will be evident throughout.
This EBC New Hampshire Chapter program will discuss lessons learned during recent responses to severe weather, steps taken by the public and private sectors to become more prepared for such events, and will included information on how government and businesses can improve the implementation of recovery funding so assistance is provided quickly, efficiently, and transparently.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
NH Service Center Manager, TMC Environmental
Project Manager, TRC Companies
- Rick Berry, Administrator, Spill Response Section, NH Department of Environmental Services
- Jeffrey P. Kotcamp, Senior Vice President, National Transmission and Distribution, TRC Companies
- Jonathan Ordway, P.E., Vice President/Senior Associate, Sanborn Head Associates, Inc.
- Joseph Purington, Vice President of Electric Operations, Public Service of New Hampshire
- Ron Schales, Executive Vice President, TMC Environmental
- Jennifer Wolf, Senior Project Manager, ProSource Technologies, LLC