- This event has passed.
EBC New England Climate Change Resilience & Adaptation Summit
July 26, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Thank you to our Collaborating Organization
The EBC New England Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation Summit is designed to provide an opportunity to learn from and participate with a range of speakers from the New England States regarding the important issues of climate change in the region.
The lead-in and keynote speaker will be U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, long a strong voice in responding to climate change.
Representatives from the New England State climate leaders will provide key success elements and brief updates on their specific climate change plans, program priorities, and implementation strategies. The major focus will be on those key elements that are moving each state’s programs forward in preparation for the impact of climate change.
Also included with each state presentation will be representatives from the municipal and private sectors to provide key success elements of case studies for their respective municipality and facility.
Lunch will be included with registration.
Summit Chair & Moderator:
- Craig Swanson, Principal Associate, Swanson Environmental Associates LLC
- Sheldon Whitehouse, U.S. Senator, State of Rhode Island
- Jeff Caiola, Assistant Director, Land and Water Resources Division, Bureau of Water Protection and Land Reuse, Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
- Aicha Woods, Executive Director, City Plan, City of New Haven, CT
- Todd Berman, Manager of Environmental Programs & Projects, United Illuminating
- Sarah Curran, Senior Analyst, Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future, State of Maine
- Troy Moon, Sustainability Coordinator, City of Portland, ME
- Mia Mansfield, Director, Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs
- Natalie Brown, Project Manager, Wynn Design & Development
- Sherry Godlewski, Resilience and Adaptation Manager, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Todd Selig, Administrator, Town of Durham, NH
- Shaun O’Rourke, Chief Resilience Officer, Director, Stormwater and Resiliency, Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank, State of Rhode Island
- Kate Michaud, Town Manager, Warren, Rhode Island
State Leaders Panel Moderator: Thomas Burack, Shareholder, Sheehan Phinney Bass & Green, PA
Following the state presentations, there will be a panel of thought leaders who will provide insight into the issues of climate change and the implications for New England.
Panel of Thought Leaders Addressing the Issues of Sufficiency
Are actions being undertaken taken by state and local governments, utilities, private property owners, developers, sufficient to put the New England states (and the US) on a path to deal effectively with all aspects of climate change?
Panel Moderator: Curt Spalding, Professor of the Practice of Environment and Society, Brown University
- Bill Finch, Executive Director, Discovery Museum
- Dr. Jesse Keenan, Harvard University, Graduate School of Design
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
First Session: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Second Session: 12:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
If registration occurs ——–>,Through July 24,After July 24
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 25. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.