EBC Leadership Series: MassDEP Deputy Commissioner Stephanie Cooper, the Western Region Leadership Team, and the EOEEA Regional Climate Program
This EBC program is the fourth in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices, and Boston Headquarters.
This fourth program will feature Mass DEP Deputy Commissioner Stephanie Cooper and the leadership of the Western Regional Office and focus on the important issues and priorities of the Western Massachusetts.
EOEEA Regional Climate Coordinators. This year these regional programs will include the newly designated EOEEA Regional Climate Coordinators. Each of the six coordinators will be in charge of working with the municipalities in their region on all stages of the planning and climate action grant processes – providing technical expertise; connecting municipal staff to necessary resources, people, and tools; as well as setting up shared learning opportunities.
Thank you to our Collaborating Organization:
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Western Region and each regional bureau chief for 2019 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Western Region program will provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Western Regional Office as they discuss their hot issues and challenges.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 12, 2019 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 1, 2019 – Southeast Region, Location: Civil & Environmental Consultants, Raynham
- October 23, 2019 – Northeast Region, Location: Weston & Sampson, Reading
- November 6, 2019 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2020 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Stephanie Cooper, Deputy Commissioner for Policy and Planning, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the MassDEP Western Region Leadership Team
- Michael Gorski, Regional Director
- Brian Harrington, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Elizabeth Stinehart, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Eva Tor, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
Following the DEP Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Francis J. Hoey of Tighe & Bond.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through November 4||After November 4|
For EBC & SWEP-MA Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 4 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC &SWEP-MA Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.