This EBC program is the second in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs will provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices, and Boston Headquarters.
This second program will feature the leadership of the Southeast Regional Office and focus on important issues and priorities for Southeastern Massachusetts.
EOEEA Regional Climate Coordinators. This year these regional programs will include the newly designated EOEEA Regional Climate Coordinators. Each of the six coordinators will be in charge of working with the municipalities in their region on all stages of the planning and climate action grant processes – providing technical expertise; connecting municipal staff to necessary resources, people, and tools; as well as setting up shared learning opportunities.
Thank you to our Collaborating Organization:
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Southeastern Region, and each regional bureau manager for FY 2019 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Southeastern Region program will also provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Southeast Regional Office as they discuss their hot issues and ongoing challenges.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 12, 2019 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 1, 2019 – Southeast Region, Location: Civil & Environmental Consultants, Raynham
- October 23, 2019 – Northeast Region, Location: Weston & Sampson, Reading
- November 6, 2019 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2020 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the MassDEP Central Region Leadership Team
- Millie Garcia-Serrano, Director, Southeast Region
- David Johnston, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Gerard Martin, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Seth Pickering, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
- Jennifer Viveiros, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Administrative Services
Introducing the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program
- Courtney Rocha, Southeast Regional Climate Coordinator, Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program, MA Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Following the DEP Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by John Shea of Mackie Shea P.C.
Andrea Brady, Buchanan & Associates, Associate
Sam Butcher, Loureiro Engineering, VP
Holly Carlson, Johnston Epsilon Associates, Inc., Associate
Colin Duncan, TRC, Program Manager
William Fitzgerald, Town of Avon, Director of DPW
Kathleen Freeman, Mayflower Wind Energy LLC, Senior Manager, Permitting & Environmental
James Kane A.D., Makepeace Company/Read Custom Soils, Chief Operating Officer
Thomas Keough, AECOM, Sr. Wetland Scientist
Max Lamson, TRC, Office Practice Leader
Andrea Langhauser, Town of Easton, MA, Assistant Director Planning and Economic Development
Laura Lefebvre, TRC, Senior Project Manager
Mike Lenihan, UCANE, Consultant
Jeff Mahoney, UCANE, Assistant Executive Director
Patrick O’Neale, Tata & Howard, Inc., Senior Vice President
Joseph Polsinello, Inland Professional Corporation, LSP
Amy Roth, Wilcox & Barton, Inc., Associate Vice President
John Shea, Mackie Shea, Shareholder
Matthew Snell, Nutter McClennen & Fish, Attorney
Stacey Snow, ESS Group, Inc., Senior Scientist
Sarah Stearns, Beals and Thomas, Inc., Professional Wetland Scientist
Ken Steen, Steen Realty Development
Jeremy Thebodo, Alpha Analytical, Technical Sales Associate
Vin Tino, Epsilon Associates, Inc., Senior Consultant
Scott Turner, Environmental Partners Group, Inc.
Hans van Lingen, Eversource, Senior Environmental Specialist
Steven Ventresca, Nitsch Engineering, Project Manager
Marc Wallace, Tech Environmental, Inc., Vice President
Michael Warner, Weston & Sampson, Senior Project Manager
Michael Zylich, Eversource Energy, Sr. Environmental Engineer
The available presentations from the EBC Leadership Series – MassDEP Regions and EOEEA Regional Climate Program Commissioner Suuberg and the Southeast Region Leadership Team completed on October, 2019, can be viewed below.