EBC Leadership Series: MassDEP Commissioner Suuberg, the Northeast Region Leadership Team, and the EOEEA Regional Climate Program
This EBC program is the third in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices, and Boston Headquarters.
This third meeting will feature the leadership of the Northeast Regional Office and focus on the important issues and priorities of Northeastern Massachusetts.
EOEEA Regional Climate Coordinators. This year these regional programs will include the newly designated EOEEA Regional Climate Coordinators. Each of the six coordinators will be in charge of working with the municipalities in their region on all stages of the planning and climate action grant processes – providing technical expertise; connecting municipal staff to necessary resources, people, and tools; as well as setting up shared learning opportunities.
Thank you to our Collaborating Organizations:
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Northeastern Region, and each regional bureau manager for FY 2019 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Northeastern Region program will also provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Northeast Regional Office as they discuss their hot issues and ongoing challenges.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 12, 2019 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 1, 2019 – Southeast Region, Location: Civil & Environmental Consultants, Raynham
- October 23, 2019 – Northeast Region, Location: Weston & Sampson, Reading
- November 6, 2019 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2020 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Final Agenda – DEP Program Series – Northeast Region Leadership Team
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the MassDEP Northeast Region Leadership Team
- Rachel Freed, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Stephen Johnson, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Susan Ruch, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
- John Viola, Deputy Regional Director, Operations and Customer Service
- Eric Worrall, Northeast Regional Director
Introducing the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program
- Michelle Rowden, Northeast Regional Coordinator, Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program, MA Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Following the DEP Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Michael Scipione of Weston & Sampson.
Magdalena Ayed, The Harborkeepers, Executive Director
Frederic Bruneau, ReEnergy Recycling, Environmental Compliance Manager
Peter Durning, Mackie Shea, PC, Managing Shareholder
Peter Kelly-Joseph, Harvard University, EHS Air Program Manager
Deb Lamoureaux, Weston & Sampson, Operator
Adrienne Lennon, City of Gloucester, Conservation Agent
Christopher Lucas, Lucas Environmental, LLC, Principal
Ivy Muchuma, MIT Lincoln Lab Environmental, Engineer
Phiip Peterson, TERRA Environmental, LLC, Principal
Ashley Pillsbury-Coyne, TRC Environmental, Scientist
Stephen Sakakeeny, SAK Environmental, LLC, Principal
Steve Slocomb, Epsilon Associates, Principal
Chris Stockwell, SumCo Eco-Contracting, Chief of Project Development
Stanley Walczak, ReEnergy Roxbury, Facility Manager
Marc Wallace, Tech Environmental, Inc., Vice President
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor