EBC Leadership Series: MassDEP Commissioner Suuberg, the Headquarters Leadership Team, and the EOEEA Regional Climate Program
This EBC program is the fifth and final program in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs will provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear first from Commissioner Suuberg of the DEP and then from the leadership of the MassDEP Headquarters Office.
This fifth meeting will feature the leadership of the MassDEP Headquarters Office. Commissioner Suuberg and each of the deputy and assistant commissioners will focus on the hot issues and challenges of their respective areas of responsibility.
Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Program Regional Coordinators. This year these regional programs will include the newly designated EOEEA MVP Regional Coordinators. Each of the six coordinators will be in charge of working with the municipalities in their region on all stages of the MVP planning and action grant processes – providing technical expertise; connecting municipal staff to necessary resources, people, and tools; as well as setting up shared learning opportunities.
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for Commissioner Suuberg and each of the MassDEP deputy and assistant commissioners. Each will also discuss their respective top environmental priorities for the MassDEP Bureau.
Thank you to our Collaborating Organizations:
- LSP Association
- Society of Women Environmental Professionals – Massachusetts
- Solid Waste Association of North America – Southern New England Chapter
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 12, 2019 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 1, 2019 – Southeast Region, Location: Civil & Environmental Consultants, Raynham
- October 23, 2019 – Northeast Region, Location: Weston & Sampson, Reading
- November 6, 2019 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2020 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the MassDEP Headquarters Leadership Team
- Stephanie Cooper, Deputy Commissioner, Policy and Planning
- Gary Moran, Deputy Commissioner, Operations & Env. Compliance
- Ann Lowery, Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Planning & Evaluation
- Kathy Baskin, Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Water Resources
- Paul Locke, Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Christine Kirby, Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Air and Waste
Introducing the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program
- Carolyn Meklenburg, Regional Coordinator for Greater Boston, Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Following the DEP Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by David Young of CDM Smith.
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through January 6||After January 6|
For EBC, LSPA, SWEP-MA & SWANA-SNE Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 6 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 7. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC, LSPA, SWEP-MA & SWANA-SNE Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.