This EBC program is the first in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices, and the headquarters team.
This first meeting will feature Deputy Commissioner Gary Moran and the leadership of the Central Regional Office and focus on the important issues and priorities of Central Massachusetts.
Thank you to our Collaborating Organization:
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Central Region, and each regional bureau chief for 2018 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Central Region program will also provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Central Regional Office as they discuss their hot issues and challenges.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 12, 2019 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 1, 2019 – Southeast Region, Location: Civil & Environmental Consultants, Raynham
- October 23, 2019 – Northeast Region, Location: Weston & Sampson, Reading
- November 6, 2019 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2020 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Gary Moran, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the MassDEP Central Region Leadership Team
- Mary Jude Pigsley, Regional Director
- Mark Baldi, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Andrea Briggs, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Administrative Services
- Doug Fine, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air & Waste
Following the DEP Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Robert D. Cox, Jr. of Bowditch & Dewey, LLP.
Sandra Brock, Nitsch Engineering, Chief Engineer
Robert Buckley, Beals and Thomas, Inc., Principal
Dorothy Buckoski, Epsilon Associates, Inc., Senior Consultant
Jennifer Buttaro, Eversource, Environmental Specialist
Robert Cox, Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, Managing Partner
Lori Foley, MWRA, Program Manager-Environmental
Jared Gentilucci, Nitsch Engineering, Project Manager
Jonathan Gervais, City of Worcester
Jeanine Grachuk, Beveridge & Diamond, P.C., Principal
Joel Loitherstein, Tighe & Bond, Principal LSP
Michael Moore, Massachusetts State Senator
Donald Musial, Wheelabrator Technologies, General Manager
Gerry Preble, Beals and Thomas, Inc., President
Marc Richards, Tighe & Bond, Vice President
Peter Richer, Waste Management, Engineering Manager
Lucy Servidio, Capaccio Environmental Engineering, Inc., SVP
Jim Starbard, RCAP Solutions, Massachusetts State Lead
Paul Sutton, TRC, Vice President of Business Development
Ellen Thompson, Trinity Consultants
Marc Wallace, Tech Environmental, Inc., Vice President
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsors