This EBC program is the first in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices, and the headquarters team.
This first meeting will feature Deputy Commissioner Gary Moran and the leadership of the Central Regional Office and focus on the important issues and priorities of Central Massachusetts.
Thank you to our Collaborating Organization:
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Central Region, and each regional bureau chief for 2018 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Central Region program will also provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Central Regional Office as they discuss their hot issues and challenges.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 12, 2019 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 1, 2019 – Southeast Region, Location: Civil & Environmental Consultants, Raynham
- October 23, 2019 – Northeast Region, Location: Weston & Sampson, Reading
- November 6, 2019 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2020 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Gary Moran, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the MassDEP Central Region Leadership Team
- Mary Jude Pigsley, Regional Director
- Mark Baldi, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Andrea Briggs, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Administrative Services
- Doug Fine, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air & Waste
- Marielle Stone, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
Following the DEP Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Robert D. Cox, Jr. of Bowditch & Dewey, LLP.
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsor
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through September 10||After September 10|
For EBC & SWEP-MA Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC & SWEP-MA Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.