This EBC Infrastructure Committee workshop will focus on the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) program and the opportunities for funding water infrastructure programs in New England.
The WIFIA program accelerates investment in our nation’s water infrastructure (wastewater, drinking water and stormwater) by providing long-term, low-cost supplemental loans for regionally and nationally significant projects. WIFIA program is now accepting letters of interest for up to $5.5 billion in loans.
Eligible borrowers are:
- Local, state, tribal, and federal government entities
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Corporations and trusts
- Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (SRF) programs
The purpose of the workshop is to:
- Foster a greater understanding of the requirements of the WIFIA program
- Pave the way for successful letters of interest to the WIFIA program.
- WIFIA letter of interest deadline extended to July 31, 2018
Guest speakers from U.S. EPA in Washington DC will introduce the WIFIA program, including eligibility information, key credit terms, and high-level benefits. They will also review the loan application process, focusing on the current open selection round.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Welcome, Program Introduction and Overview
- Jake San Antonio, Program Moderator; Chair, EBC Infrastructure Committee; Managing Director – Environmental Resources, VHB
An Overview of the WIFIA Program
- Arielle Gerstein, Program Manager, WIFIA Program, U.S. EPA, Office of Wastewater Management
How to Apply for a WIFIA Loan
- Karen Fligger, Senior Project Manager, WIFIA Program, U.S. EPA, Office of Wastewater Management
The program will conclude with a moderated discussion.
Registration, Networking: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 31. Walk-in registration is accepted.
Karl Allen City of Chelsea Economic Development Planner
Michael Andrus BETA Group, Inc. Sr. Project Engineer
Michaela Bogosh CDM Smith Project Manager
Sean Cordy Massachusetts Water Resources Authority Sr. Financial Analyst
Thomas Durkin Massachusetts Water Resources Authority Director of Finance
Neil Frasca TRC Senior Project Manager
Dave Gold WilmerHale Special Counsel
Patrick Haswell Veolia Director
Matthew Horan Massachusetts Water Resources Authority Treasurer
Nathaniel Keenan Massachusetts Clean Water Trust Deputy Director
Jeff Mahoney UCANE Assistant Executive Director
Robert Melvin Robinson & Cole LLP Partner
Sasha Shyduroff Metropolitan Area Planning Council Clean Energy and Climate Planner II
Ryan Taylor Navigant Consulting Consultant
Alex Train City of Chelsea Assistant Director of Planning & Development
The available presentations from the EBC Infrastructure Workshop: Update and Overview of WIFIA Water Infrastructure Loan Program completed on June 1, 2018, can be viewed below.