- This event has passed.
EBC Fifth Annual Offshore Wind Conference: Expansion of the U.S. Offshore Industry Off Massachusetts & Rhode Island
September 28, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
The good news is that America’s first offshore wind farm is now operating successfully off of Rhode Island’s Block Island. Exciting new developments continue here in New England. For this year’s annual EBC Offshore Wind Conference, Deepwater Wind, DONG Energy, and Vineyard Wind will discuss how they are competing for long term 400 to 800 MW contracts with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as they discuss their plans for more large scale offshore wind farms along the East Coast. The BOEM Renewable Energy Chief will speak about plans for the future federal lease auctions off the Cape and Islands.
This EBC Energy Resources program will also include representatives of the fishing and environmental community as they present their take on the development of the offshore wind industry. As part of this program, state and New Bedford officials will discuss new employment and supply chain opportunities. Finally state officials will preview the final Mass CEC Ports and Infrastructure Assessment designed to accommodate new construction of larger wind farms and the supporting supply chain industries.
For more information about BOEM’s activity in New England:
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Michael Ernst, Senior Vice President, Clean Power Inc.
- James F. Bennett, Chief, Renewable Energy Programs, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Carolyn Heeps, External Consultant & Consultation Manager, DONG Energy Bay State Wind
- Matthew A. Morrissey, Vice President, Massachusetts for Deepwater Wind
- Rachel Pachter, Vice President, Permitting Affairs, Vineyard Wind LLC
- Bill White, Senior Director for Offshore Wind, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- James F. Bennett, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Edward Anthes-Washburn, Port of New Bedford
- Beth Casoni, Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association
- Catherine Bowes, National Wildlife Federation
- Paul Vigeant, New Bedford Wind Energy Center
- Bill White, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
Registration: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
If registration occurs ——–>,Through September 14,Through September 26,After September 26
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Online registration is now closed.
Walk-in registration is accepted at the door. Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 26 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 27.