- This event has passed.
EBC Evening Program with MA EOEEA Secretary Matthew A. Beaton
January 26, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - December 5, 2022 @ 12:13 pm EST
Please Note: the date for this program has moved from January 21 to January 26 due to Governor Baker’s “State of the State” address scheduled for January 21.
Thank you to our Gold Sponsor:
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors:
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsors:
This EBC evening program will feature Matthew A. Beaton, Secretary of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA) for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
For his keynote presentation, Secretary Beaton will reflect on his accomplishments in his first year in office since being appointed Secretary by Governor Baker. He will also look forward and discuss his priorities for 2016, reflecting on issues that are important to the strategic environmental and energy goals of the Baker administration.
About the Secretary’s Role
In his role as Secretary, Mr. Beaton oversees the Commonwealth’s six environmental, natural resource, and energy regulatory agencies, including the
- Department of Environmental Protection,
- Department of Public Utilities
- Department of Energy Resources
- Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Department of Agricultural Resources, and
- Department of Fish & Game.
He also serves as Chairman of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority, the Energy Facilities Siting Board, and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.
Energy and Environmental Affairs Mission and Strategic Plan
“The agencies and offices of EEA are progressing toward a clean energy future, but our mission does not stop there. We preserve open space, species habitat, and working landscapes; enforce pollution laws to protect public health and natural resources; review the environmental impact of major real estate and infrastructure developments; enhance the state’s role in energy conservation and production; manage fish and wildlife; and provide opportunities for outdoor recreation and access at the parks, beaches, and farms that make Massachusetts a wonderful place to live, work and play.”
- Matthew Beaton, Secretary, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Following the presentation by Secretary Beaton, a panel of EBC Board Members will discuss issues of concern with the Secretary.
- Michael J. Scipione, President, Weston & Sampson
- Peggy Briggs, Managing Partner, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Robert D. Cox, Jr., Partner, Bowditch & Dewey LLP
- Thomas A. Mackie, Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea PC