View the Attendee List
Colonel Christopher Barron, New England District Commander of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, will discuss the Corps’ plans for the New England District. Learn about the key environmental programs, projects, and other contract opportunities that the Corps will be working on in New England in FY15 and beyond, including Superfund, dredging and ecosystem restoration. Projects to be discussed include:
- Preconstruction engineering and design for the Boston Harbor deepening
- Continued construction on Muddy River including the fate of Phase II (the actual dredging and restoration work)
- New Bedford Harbor superfund cleanup timeline
This is your opportunity to learn more about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ plans in New England and gain a better understanding of the environmental business opportunities that will result.
Discussion Panel: Following the presentation by Colonel Barron there will be a moderated panel discussion with Colonel Barron and EBC thought leaders focusing on issues of concern to the EBC membership.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Colonel Barron, Commander, New England District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Curt Thalken, Senior Vice President, Normandeau Consultants, Inc.
- Arthur N. Mabbett, Chairman and CEO, Mabbett & Associates, Inc.
- Stacy H. Minihane, PWS, Associate, Beals and Thomas
- Bob Hamilton, President, Woods Hole Group
- Matthew Taylor, P.E., Associate Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Final Agenda – Evening Program with Colonel Barron New England District Commander U.S. Army Corps of Engineers