- This event has passed.
EBC Evening Program: Update on the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities Commission
November 20, 2013 @ 6:30 pm - October 17, 2021 @ 9:32 pm
The mission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities is to ensure that utility consumers are provided with the most reliable service at the lowest possible cost; to regulate energy efficiency and renewable energy investments by the utilities; to protect the public from transportation and gas pipeline related accidents; to oversee the energy facilities siting process; and to ensure that residential ratepayers’ rights are protected.
What is a modern grid? How do we get there? What should the role of the DPU be, and what part should regulated utilities play in getting us there?
Commissioner David Cash will provide thoughts on these questions (if not answers) and an update on the latest developments at the DPU, including:
- DPU’s grid modernization / smart grid efforts
- Recent Department activities on interconnection and net metering
David W. Cash
Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities
- Robert Bibbo, Vice President, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
- Janet Gail Besser, Vice President, Policy and Government Affairs, NECEC
- Camilo Serna, Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Northeast Utilities
- Henry Yoshimura, Director, Demand Resource Strategy, ISO New England