- This event has passed.
EBC Evening Program: Update from MEPA Director Deirdre Buckley
January 15, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - October 24, 2021 @ 9:24 am
This EBC Evening Program will feature Deirdre Buckley, recently appointed (July 15, 2013) Assistant Secretary and Director of the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA) Office within the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA). Plan to attend this EBC evening program and learn firsthand from Director Buckley about the focus of the programs, priorities and implementation strategies for the MEPA Office.
Issues to be addressed by Director Buckley include:
- Revisions to MEPA regulations to establish consistency with other regulatory programs
- Update on the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Policy and Protocol
- Development of MEPA Climate Change Adaptation Policy
- Status of MEPA review and gaming projects
- and more…
Through the MEPA office, the Massachusetts Secretary of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs conducts environmental impact reviews of certain projects requiring state agency action. Agency actions include granting state permits or licenses, providing state financial assistance, or transferring state land.
- Deirdre Buckley, Director
Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act Office
Assistant Secretary for Environmental Review
Following Director Buckley’s keynote presentation, a panel of MEPA experts will address critical issues, policies, and developments concerning and impacted by the MEPA program in the Commonwealth.
- Peggy Briggs, Managing Principal, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Wendy Landman, Executive Director, WalkBoston
- Deerin Babb-Brott, Senior Partner, SeaPlan; former MEPA Director
- Michael A. Leon, Partner, Nutter McClennon & Fish, LLP