- This event has passed.
EBC Energy Seminar: Solar Energy Development Opportunities
February 4, 2010 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
There is a booming solar industry in New England, due largely to aggressive state and federal incentives and also rapidly declining hardware costs. Despite a shifting economic climate, the solar industry has outgrown available incentives in many states, and policy makers are working to identify new and creative ways to continue supporting this burgeoning industry. Massachusetts and Vermont are in the process of implementing new and unique solar support mechanisms, with Connecticut not far behind. Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island are also thinking more seriously about solar energy and the economic development potential it can provide.
This EBC Energy Seminar will provide a regional update on existing and proposed state solar support mechanisms. Industry experts will highlight markets in which they see the largest opportunities for growth and challenges to success. A representative from Massachusetts will outline the state?s recently announced solar support strategy. In addition to available incentives, project finance is a key driver for project success and will be a primary topic of discussion. Finally, a regional sales expert will participate and discuss market demand and sentiment.
- Andrew Reed, Regional Director of Sales, Borrego Solar Systems, Inc.
- Donald S. McCauley, Principal, McCauley Lyman LLC
- Wilson Rickerson, Executive Vice President, Meister Consulting Group (Invited)
- Tim Roughan, Director of Distributed Resources, National Grid
- Andy Brydges, Program Director, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- John Tourtelotte, Managing Director, Rivermoor Energy
- Tyler Leeds, Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC
Registration: 7:30am – 8:00am
Program: 8:00am – 12:00pm