- This event has passed.
EBC Energy Seminar: Impact on Renewables Market of Marcellus Shale Gas and Canadian Hydro
April 6, 2011 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
As the regional economy lags, more New England voices ask:
- Why pay high premiums for wind and solar projects?
- Why not exploit the large low cost shale gas discoveries and minimize short term rates?
- Why not expand Class I Renewable definitions to include clean Canadian Hydro & Wind?
At this EBC Energy Program, a panel of regional utility, ISO-NE, marketing, policy, legal, regulatory and environmental experts examine:
- Extent of new shale gas available to New England
- Environmental impacts of shale gas extraction
- How to meet RPS requirements while minimizing rates
- Effects of proposed EPA regulation of carbon emissions
- Market impacts of large regional shale gas, hydro and wind imports
- Environmental and economic benefits of local wind and solar investments
- James G. Daly, Director, Electric and Gas Energy Supply, NSTAR Electric and Gas Corp.
- John Meeske, President, Energy Market Decisions, Inc.
- Paul Hibbard, Vice President , Analysis Group
- Mary Beth Gentleman, Energy Technology & Renewables Group, Foley Hoag, LLP
- Mike Henderson, Director, Regional Planning and Coordination, ISO New England Inc.
- Paul Fennelly, Vice President, AECOM Environmental
- Curt Spalding, Regional Administrator, US EPA (invited)
- Bryan Miller, Vice President Energy Policy, Sustainable Energy, Constellation Energy
- Phil Giudice, Undersecretary for Energy, Executive Office of Energy and Environment