- This event has passed.
EBC Energy Resources Program: Energy Storage – Update on the State of the Industry and Opportunities for Renewable Energy
July 24, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
The future of renewables is being shaped by the ability to store the energy produced, but what is the current state of the energy storage industry? What does energy storage mean to the renewable energy industry?
Energy storage technology and implementation have expanded significantly over the past several years; and concepts that were seemingly at the research & development stage are now ready for commercial deployment. Technological advances in storage are allowing renewables to feasibly supply output on demand and participate in capacity markets. Energy storage also has meaningful applications related to peak shaving and resiliency. This EBC program will explain the connection between storage and renewables, provide an update on various storage technologies, and discuss how the two industries can add value to each other.
- Fran Hoey, P.E., LEED AP, Senior Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Alicia Barton, Chief Executive Officer, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Phil Giudice, Chief Executive Officer, Ambri
- Miles Hovis, Senior Manager, Project Development, Energy Storage, Solar City
- Sean Becker, President, Sparkplug Power
- Brian Beauregard, Superintendent, Holyoke Gas & Electric
Visit the Presentations section of the EBC website to view the available presentations from this program.