With support from the Baker Administration, Massachusetts has begun the process of implementing energy storage initiatives that will support the grid. Energy storage provides a linchpin for renewables integration, grid modernization, resiliency and more efficient use of generation, transmission, and distribution assets. The Commonwealth is well underway with its Advancing Commonwealth Energy Storage (ACES) Program.
This EBC Energy Resources Program will discuss the ACES program as well as other developing programs and policies of the administration to begin the implementation of support for the storage sector, what has been learned from recent energy storage initiatives, and receive input from market participants that are deploying storage projects.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Ronald T. Gerwatowski, Advising on Energy Policy Matters
- Judith Judson, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
- Benjamin Downing, Vice President of New Market Development, Nexamp
- Sam Eaton, Strategic Planning & Policy, Eversource
- Mike Judge, Renewable and Alternative Energy Division at Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
- Kiran Kumaraswamy, Market Development Director, AES Corporation
- Ian Springsteel, Director, Regulatory Policy, National Grid
Following the speaker presentations will be a panel discussion.