- This event has passed.
EBC Earth Week Lunch and Learn Webinar Series: Turn Garbage into Gold – Composting at Home
April 21, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Presented by the EBC Ascending Professionals Committee, this “Lunch and Learn” series amplifies the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day with exciting webinar presentations all week long!
Dive into composting at home! How would you like to improve your soil while getting rid of nearly half of your household garbage at the same time? Composting is the answer. Learn how to turn coffee grounds, tea bags, fruit and vegetable scraps, eggshells, and yard waste into black gold that will transform your soil into rich, fertile earth. Learn how the composting process works and how to best adapt it for your lifestyle. Composting can be done outdoor in a bin or pile, or even indoors in a worm bin. In the end, you will be able to improve the soil in your houseplants, garden or landscape using compost you make from organic waste!
- Ann McGovern, Consumer Waste Reduction Coordinator, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
EBC Earth Week Webinar Series
Each day during the week of April 20 – 24, the EBC Ascending Professionals Committee will be presenting a “Lunch and Learn” series that amplifies the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. Here are the confirmed webinar presentations:
- April 20: Frog and Toad’s Greatest Hits!
- April 21: Turn Garbage into Gold – Composting at Home
- April 22: Virtual Earth Day Trivia and Happy Hour!
- April 23: All About Elephants! Presented by the Buttonwood Park Zoo
- April 24: Digging Deep – Clean Water for All: Engineers Without Borders
Webinar: 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Please keep in mind that online registration for this webinar will close at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 21. Information for viewing the webinar will be emailed to all registered attendees. Please contact EBC with any questions.