- This event has passed.
EBC Earth Week Lunch and Learn Webinar Series: Digging Deep – Clean Water for All: Engineers Without Borders Water Supply Project, Gwase, Uganda
April 24, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm EDT
Presented by the EBC Ascending Professionals Committee, this “Lunch and Learn” series amplifies the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day with exciting webinar presentations all week long!
Can you imagine drinking water that looks like your beer? Unfortunately, that is a reality for millions of people across the globe. Engineers Without Borders (EWB) strives to build a better world through projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs and equip leaders to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. The EWB New Hampshire Professional Chapter has sponsored a water supply project in Gwase, Uganda since 2016 and has installed five drinking water wells to date, providing communities with access to safe and clean drinking water. Register to learn more about the vision of EWB and our ongoing project.
- Julia Scott, Vice President, New Hampshire Chapter, Engineers Without Borders; Staff Engineer, Haley & Aldrich, Inc.
- Cara Bereznai, Member, New Hampshire Professional Chapter, Engineers Without Borders; Engineer, Haley & Aldrich, Inc.
EBC Earth Week Webinar Series
Each day during the week of April 20 – 24, the EBC Ascending Professionals Committee will be presenting a “Lunch and Learn” series that amplifies the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. Here are the confirmed webinar presentations:
- April 20: Frog and Toad’s Greatest Hits!
- April 21: Turn Garbage into Gold – Composting at Home
- April 22: Virtual Earth Day Trivia and Happy Hour!
- April 23: All About Elephants! Presented by the Buttonwood Park Zoo
- April 24: Digging Deep – Clean Water for All: Engineers Without Borders
Webinar: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Please keep in mind that online registration for this webinar will close at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24. Information for viewing the webinar will be emailed to all registered attendees. Please contact EBC with any questions.