This EBC Dam Management webinar will discuss the importance of Operations and Maintenance Manuals (OM&Ms) to support the safety of dams. Topics covered will include guidelines for development of Operations and Maintenance Manuals for use by dam caretakers and suggestions for dam safety engineers during emergency response. In addition, representatives from the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation will discuss routine maintenance of state-owned dams and actions required during emergency response.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Derek J. Schipper, P.E., Senior Consultant, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Developing an Operations and Maintenance Manual for a Dam
- Laurie A. Gibeau, P.E., Project Manager, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Operating and Maintaining MWRA Dams
- John Gregoire, Program Manager, Reservoir Operations, Massachusetts Water Resources Authority
Operating and Maintaining Dams and Emergency Actions within the Charles River Watershed
- William A. Gode-von Aesch, Director, Flood Control Management and Navigational Operations Section Design and Engineering, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
Dam Emergency Operations and Response: Suggestions for Owners and Engineers for Dealing with “Unusual” Conditions
- Chad W. Cox, P.E., Senior Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Webinar: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through August 17||After August 17|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Please note that refunds are not available after August 19, 2020. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this webinar will close at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 19.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.