- This event has passed.
EBC CT Chapter Seminar: Managing PCB Caulking in Older Buildings
June 23, 2010 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
In recent years, EPA has learned that caulk containing potentially harmful polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) was used in many buildings, including schools, in the 1950s through the 1970s. In general, schools and buildings built after 1978 do not contain PCBs in caulk. On September 25, 2009, EPA announced new guidance for school administrators and building managers with important information about managing PCBs in caulk and tools to help minimize possible exposure.
This EBC program will provide up-to-date information of the PCBs in caulk issue and discuss approaches to managing the testing, removal and disposal of PCB contaminated materials. To maximize the value of this program, case studies providing insight into actual projects will be presented.
- Jim Occhialini – Alpha Analytical
- Sean Reagan – Triumvirate Environmental
- Kirstin Etela – Robinson & Cole, LLC
- Peter King – Golder Associates Inc.
- Jim Belcastro – EQ Northeast, Inc.
- Dave Sullivan & Malcolm Beeler – TRC Companies, Inc.