- This event has passed.
EBC CT Chapter Dam Management Program: Update on CT’s Dam Safety Program and Owner’s Guide to Dam Inspections and Emergency Action Planning
October 30, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
In May 2013, the State of Connecticut Legislature approved modifications to Connecticut’s Dam Safety Program. These changes included revised dam inspection requirements, enhanced emergency action planning for dams, updates to dam safety permitting and new funding opportunities.
This program will provide an update of the new dam safety regulations, an update on the status of the new General Permit, a session on what to expect from a dam inspection, an session on what to expect from an emergency action plan, and a dam owner’s experience using the results of dam inspections and EAPs for dam portfolio operation, maintenance and facility management. The program will conclude with a panel discussion with regulators, engineers and dam owners to elaborate on dam safety in Connecticut.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hour). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Matthew A. Taylor, P.E., Associate Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Lee Wooten, P.E., Principal, GEI Consultants, Inc.
- Arthur P. Christian, II, P.E., Supervising Civil Engineer, Dam Safety Program, CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Chris Karam, P.E., Project Manager, GEI Consultants, Inc.
- Peter L. Spangenberg, Civil Engineer III, Dam Safety Program, CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
Visit the Presentations section of the EBC website to view the available presentations from this program.