This EBC Connecticut webinar will focus on the soil disposal, and reuse industry in Connecticut during site development/redevelopment. The program will review various aspects of the soil management and reuse industry by helping participants learn about regional options available for materials management. The program will include topics on the soils management industry under current regulations. The program will also include information on the updated Connecticut DEEP regulations update and their effect on development/redevelopment and soil management in Connecticut. The program will also explore soil disposal and reuse under the lens of environmental stewardship and climate resiliency.
Final Agenda – Connecticut Webinar – Material Management for Redevelopment Projects
A robust panel discussion with the audience will conclude the webinar.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Certificates are automatically provided via email link for registered attendees at the conclusion of the webinar.
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsor
- Dean Bebis, Environmental Specialist – Soil & Groundwater Management, Eversource Energy
Construction Soil and Water Management in Connecticut
- Chris Harriman, LEP, Senior Associate, Program Manager, Haley & Aldrich
- Jen Buchanon, Senior Engineer, Project Manager, Haley & Aldrich
Overview of Disposal Options
- Ross Hartman, Executive Vice President, Strategic Environmental Services, Inc.
RSR Amendments “Wave 2” Review – Any Effects on Soil Management?
- James Olsen, PG, LEP, Vice President, Tighe & Bond
Reuse of PCB Containing Soils and New LEP Certification of Engineered Control, Torrington, CT
- Adam Henry, PG, LEP, Associate Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Pesticide Impacted Topsoil: A Valuable Commodity? A Solid Waste? Both?
- Charles Brink, LEP, Senior Project Manager, GEI Consultants, Inc.
Managing Soil During Site Redevelopment – Washington Village, Norwalk CT
- Ryan S. Bartosz, LEP, Senior Project Manager, Weston & Sampson
Panel Moderator: Dean Bebis, Eversource Energy
- Gabrielle Frigon, Assistant Director,Waste Engineering and Enforcement Division, Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Graham Stevens, Chief, Bureau of Water Protection and Land Reuse, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Ryan Bartosz, Weston & Sampson
- Charles Bink, GEI Consultants, Inc.
- Jen Buchanon, Haley & Aldrich
- Chris Harriman, Haley & Aldrich
- Ross Hartman, Strategic Environmental Services, Inc.
- Adam Henry, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- James Olsen, Tighe & Bond