This EBC Connecticut Chapter webinar will provide an overview of the 2023 updates to the Connecticut Stormwater Quality Manual. The Stormwater Quality Manual was first written in 2004 and provides guidance on the measures necessary to protect the waters of the State of Connecticut from the adverse impacts of post-construction stormwater runoff. The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Connecticut Council on Soil and Water Conservation have collaborated to prepare an update to the Connecticut Stormwater Quality Manual, as well as the Connecticut Guidelines for Soil Erosion and Sediment Control. This webinar will focus on changes in the new 2023 Manual, which will replace the 2004 Connecticut Stormwater Quality Manual and reflects advances in the practice of stormwater management, current scientific understanding of stormwater impacts and controls, and updated regulatory requirements. The Manual also incorporates climate change and resilience considerations and is written to provide enhanced usability for designers and reviewers.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (1.5 training contact hours). Certificates are automatically provided via email link for registered attendees at the conclusion of the webinar.
Additional information can be found under the tabs above.
- Jackie Caceci, P.E., LEED AP, Senior Project Manager, Tighe & Bond
- Diane Mas, PhD, REHS/RS, Chief Resilience & Sustainability Officer, Fuss & O’Neill, Inc.
Introduction to the 2023 CT Stormwater Quality Manual
- Kathleen Knight, Environmental Analyst, Long Island Sound Project Coordinator, Water Protection and Land ReUse, Water Planning and Management, Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (CT DEEP)
Overview of the CT Stormwater Quality Manual Updates
- Erik Mas, P.E., Vice President | Water & Natural Resources Business Line Manager, Fuss & O’Neill, Inc.
- Kate Knight, CT DEEP
- Erik Mas, Fuss & O’Neill, Inc.
- Denise Savageau, Chair, Connecticut Council on Soil and Water Conservation
- Chris Stone, P.E., Stormwater Section, CT DEEP
Available PowerPoint presentations from the EBC Connecticut Webinar: Connecticut Stormwater Manual Update will be posted to this event page five business days after the conclusion of the webinar.
EBC does not guarantee that each speaker presentation will be posted.
All registered attendees receive the link to the webinar recording five business days after the conclusion of the webinar. If you are a registered attendee and did not receive the webinar recording, please contact the EBC office.
The webinar recording is available to EBC Members via the Info Hub. If you are an employee of an EBC Member Company and cannot access the Info Hub, please contact the EBC Office.
Non-Members are welcome to register and pay the Non-Member registration rate to receive access to the webinar recording.
Environmental Business Council of New England
117 Kendrick Street
Needham, MA 02494
Office: (617) 505-1818
Email: [email protected]