- This event has passed.
EBC Connecticut Chapter Program: Urban Soil Management – The Challenges & Changing Landscape
November 14, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
This EBC Connecticut program will bring together Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (CTDEEP) and stakeholders in an open forum to discuss how to re-structure the often confusing regulations driving polluted soil management, reuse and disposal in Connecticut.
CTDEEP is proposing to move forward with a better defined regulatory program that eliminates much of the uncertainty and guesswork surrounding soil reuse. The program will be a unique opportunity to hear directly from CTDEEP and stakeholders about the challenges currently surrounding soil management. Stakeholders will be able to provide direct input to CTDEEP on how to address issues and changes that streamline the process. Presentation of the current regulatory and soil management process will be made by CTDEEP and industry stakeholders to frame the discussion. CTDEEP will also present some of their findings from previous stakeholder meetings and their plan moving forward.
Ample time will be given to interact with the CTDEEP and stakeholders as part of panel discussion at conclusion of the program. This is a unique opportunity to participate in a meaningful way to shape the future regulatory program.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hour). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Carl Stopper, Vice President, TRC
- Ruthanne Calabrese, Manager, Environmental Strategy and Performance, Northeast Utilities
- Felix Mathieu, Jr., CT Department of Transportation
- Judith Nemecek, Environmental Compliance, CT Department of Transportation
- William Sigmund, Bureau of Materials Management & Compliance Assurance, CTDEEP
- Kevin Sullivan, Bureau of Materials Management & Compliance Assurance, CTDEEP
- Meg Winfield, LEP, TRC