EBC Climate Change Webinar: Laws of the Land – Local Bylaws, Ordinances, and Regulations for Climate Resilience
This EBC Climate Change webinar will explore how Massachusetts municipalities are using their delegated legislative and regulatory authorities to become more resilient to climate change. Municipal officials from across the Commonwealth will share transferrable examples of bylaws, ordinances, and regulations enacted and lessons learned from their implementation. Case studies will address a range of climate change impacts, including coastal and riverine flooding, stormwater, and extreme heat. They will also cover a range of tools, such as zoning overlays, design guidelines, wetlands regulations, and administrative and funding ordinances.
A robust panel discussion with the audience will conclude the webinar.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Certificates are automatically provided via email link for registered attendees at the conclusion of the webinar.
- David Billo, Office Manager, Sovereign Consulting Inc.
- Nasser Brahim, Senior Climate Resiliency Specialist, Woods Hole Group
Special Guest – Call to Action: Support HD. 1252 An Act Providing for Climate Change Adaptation Infrastructure and Affordable Housing Investments in MA
- Representative Nika C. Elugardo, Democrat – 15th Suffolk, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Hull’s Nantasket Beach Overlay District and Climate Resiliency Incentives
- Phil Lemnios, Town Manager, Town of Hull, MA
- Chris Krahforst, Conservation Administrator, Town of Hull, MA
Swampscott’s Coastal Flood Area Overlay District
- Angela Ippolito, Planning Board Chair, Town of Swampscott, MA
- Molly O’Connell, AICP, Senior Planner, Town of Swampscott, MA
Northampton’s Stormwater and Flood Control Approach, including Stormwater Utility
- Wayne Feiden, FAICP, Director Planning & Sustainability, City of Northampton, MA
Provincetown’s Small Scale Climate Change Resiliency Revolving Fund Bylaw
- Morgan Clark, Health Director and Deputy Emergency Manager, Town of Provincetown, MA
- Timothy Famulare, Environmental Planner / Conservation Agent, Town of Provincetown, MA
Arlington’s Climate Resiliency Wetlands Protection Regulations
- Susan Chapnick, Conservation Commission Chair, Town of Arlington, MA
Webinar: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through April 13||After April 13|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Please note that refunds are not available after April 15, 2021. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this webinar will close at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 15.
Find out more about sponsoring EBC programs.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees who are currently unemployed.