EBC Climate Change Program Series: Part Three – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the Federal Level
This EBC Climate Change Series of five programs will examine the latest adaptation and resiliency programs at the city, state, and federal level as well as at institutions and in the private sector.
The third session in this EBC Climate Change series will cover Adaptation and Resilience at the federal level. In this program we’ll focus on past and ongoing federal agency adaptation and resilience work, including planning, outreach and assistance, and research. Many federal agencies have not yet received official directives for their work moving forward, but a large body of work in adaptation and resilience does exist and will be critical in responding to and planning for current and future climate threats.
February 10, 2017 – Part One – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the State Level
March 7, 2017 – Part Two – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the Municipal Level
April 14, 2017 – Part Three – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the Federal Level
June 23, 2017 – Part Four – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at Institutions
September 14, 2017 – Part Five – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs in the Private Sector
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Samuel Bell, Senior Hazard Mitigation Specialist, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Jessica Fosbrook, Project Manager, City of Somerville
- U.S. Representative Stephen F. Lynch, Massachusetts’ 8th District
EPA Resiliency Work and Assistance and Research
- Cynthia L. Greene, Manager, Climate and Energy Unit, U.S. EPA New England – Office of Ecosystem Protection
Assessment Methods for Coastal Community Resilience
- Cate Fox-Lent, Research Civil Engineer, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Adapting to Weather and Climate Extremes: NOAA Efforts
- Ellen L. Mecray, Regional Climate Services Director, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Available presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website. Presentations are not available for download.