- This event has passed.
EBC Climate Change Program Series: Part Four – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at Institutions
June 23, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
This EBC Climate Change Series of five programs will examine the latest adaptation and resiliency programs at the city, state, and federal level as well as at institutions and in the private sector. View the Attendee List
Creating a climate-resilient future will necessitate long-term, fundamental transformations large and small. Achieving these transformations will require input and action from entities at all levels, but in particular from institutions, which have the power to shape climate adaptation and resilience plans from the neighborhood to national level. From colleges and universities to hospitals and nonprofit organizations, institutions have both unique leadership opportunities and challenges in confronting climate change. This program will explore institutional adaptation and resiliency efforts and the opportunities to augment local and regional efforts, including funding models, information availability, technological deployment, and policy development.
The schedule for the five EBC programs on Adaptation and Resilience:
February 10, 2017 – Part One – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the State Level
March 7, 2017 – Part Two – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the Municipal Level
April 14, 2017 – Part Three – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at the Federal Level
June 23, 2017 – Part Four – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs at Institutions
September 14, 2017 – Part Five – Adaptation and Resiliency Programs in the Private Sector
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Michael X. Macrae, Ph.D., LEED Green Assoc, Energy Analytics Manager, Harvard University
Planning for a Resilient MIT: Collaborating Across Scales, Systems, and Teams
- Laura L. Tenny, Senior Campus Planner, MIT
- Brian Goldberg, LEED AP BD+C, AICP, Sustainability Project Manager, MIT
CIRCA’s Municipal Grant Program for Resiliency and Storm Resilience Modeling for the Eversource-Connecticut Inland Substations and Power Grid
- Emmanouil Anagnostou, Professor, Eversource Energy Endowed Chair in Environmental Engineering, UCONN; Director of Applied Research, CIRCA
Improving Climate Resiliency at Harvard’s Allston Campus
- Mike Flood, AICP, Special Projects Lead, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Partners HealthCare’s Response to Climate Resilience
- Paul D. Biddinger, M.D. F.A.C.E.P., Director, Center for Disaster Medicine and Vice Chairman for Emergency Preparedness, Department of Emergency Medicine, MGH; Medical Director for Emergency Preparedness, MGH and Partners Healthcare; Director, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Emergency Preparedness Research, Evaluation and Practice (EPREP) Program
Institutional Barriers to Coastal Resilience
- Porter Hoagland, Ph.D., Senior Research Specialist, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Casting a Wide Net – Connecticut State Colleges & Universities’ Approach to Hazard Resiliency
- Mary House, Senior Principal, Woodard & Curran
Registration: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
EBC Member: $120 – additional late fee of $20 after June 21
Non-Member: $165 – additional late fee of $20 after June 21
Register by June 9 and receive $20 off the EBC Member and Non-Member registration fees!
Discount applied during online registration. Does not apply to the Government/Nonprofit or Subsidized Rates.
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Online registration is closed.
Walk-in registration is accepted at the door with a $20 late fee. Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 22.