This EBC Climate program will provide EBC member companies and others with an opportunity to learn about ongoing planning tools and resources for containing chemicals and wastes during, and the movement of these materials after, major storms.
From the Nor’easter, to the harsher ‘Bomb Cyclone’ or ‘Bombogenesis’ superstorms of 2018, companies require tools and information to develop plans that keep themselves and their surrounding communities safe. In addition, by limiting and understanding the risks, a company can limit its liability and be better prepared to respond to its needs following a major storm event.
During this program, presenters will describe the risks that emerge with climate change and the various preparedness tools available to help companies plan for a major storm event. Audience members will hear perspectives from regulators, insurers, floodplain specialists, public health practitioners and industry experts on the importance of planning for a major storm event in the age of climate change.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Will Campbell, Senior Project Manager, Tetra Tech
- Tiffany Skogstrom, MPH, Outreach & Policy Analyst, Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance (OTA)
- Nicholas Child, Chief Emergency Planning & Preparedness Officer, MassDEP
- Shannon Jarbeau, Floodplain Specialist & CRS Coordinator, Barnstable County/Cape Cod Cooperative Extension & Woods Hole Sea Grant
- Janet Persechino, Technical Manager, Chemical Process Safety, Engineering Planning and Management (EPM), Inc
- Rick Reibstein, JD., Professor, Department of Earth & Environment, Boston University
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Will Campbell of Tetra Tech.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through July 2||Through July 12||After July 12|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, July 15. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.