- This event has passed.
EBC Climate Change Program: Financing Resilience – The Big Challenge – Grants, Loans, Bonds, Insurance-Linked Securities and More
November 22, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Thank you to our Sponsor
The greatest single factor affecting the creation of climate change resilience is the ability to finance resiliency investments – on an individual, local, state and federal level. While federal grants and natural disaster recovery funding continue to be the primary funding mechanism, these taxpayer-supported funding sources are unsustainable. This EBC Climate Change program presents an overview of existing and emerging resilience financing mechanisms, ranging from grants to innovative new loan programs to investor-backed resiliency bonds.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Daniel C. Stapleton. P.E., Vice-Chair, EBC Climate Change and Air Committee, Senior Vice President / Senior Principal, GZA
Financing Climate Change Resiliency, Overview – Issues and Opportunities
- Wayne Cobleigh, Vice President – Client Services, GZA
MA Coastal Resilience Grant Program – Grants Supporting Local Adaptation Efforts
- Patricia Bowie, Coastal Resiliency Specialist, Office of Coastal Zone Management, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Achieving Resilience through Property-Assessed Resilience, Microgrid and Clean Energy Loans
- Matt Macunas, Legislative Liaison/Marketing Manager, Connecticut Green Bank
Catastrophe and Resilience Bonds – The Private Investors’ Perspective, Financial Tools for States and Municipalities to Finance Resilient Infrastructure Projects (and Manage Risk)
- Rhodri J. Lane, Vice President, GC Securities – Insurance-Linked Securities (ILS) Origination & Structuring