- This event has passed.
EBC Climate Change Program: Carbon Management: Navigating a Turbulent Carbon Based World
November 24, 2009 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
In this new carbon-focused world, the topic of Climate Change is touching our lives and business practices on a daily basis. Whether it?s ?
The current debate in Washington on new national Climate Change and Energy legislation or
The meeting of global leaders at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP15) in Copenhagen in December or
The collaboration on the next-generation international carbon reduction strategy or
Reading about the major impacts of global warming on bellwether ecosystems
… the topic is front and center. This EBC Climate Change seminar, which is a continuation of a series of programs sponsored by the EBC Climate Change Committee, will focus on carbon management and how organizations are managing in a carbon-focused world. In addition to providing an overview of national Climate Change legislation and carbon trading mechanisms, industry leaders will discuss how their organizations are developing forward-looking carbon management strategies and what the implications of new and novel approaches to their business practices will be. How will the future costs of carbon influence the way organizations conduct business? What will be the impact to the general population?
- Leo Pierre Roy, Managing Director, Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
- Sujeesh Krishnan, The Carbon Trust
- Christopher Van Atten, Director, M.J.Bradley Associates, LLC
- Jurgen Weiss, Principal, The Brattle Group
- Sandy Taft, Director, US Climate Change Policy, National Grid
- David Newman, Director, EHS & Sustainability, Millipore Corporation
- Kathleen Loftus, Global Leader, Sustainable Engineering, Maintenance & Energy Management, Whole Foods (Invited)
- Maurice (Moe) Bechard, Director Global EH&S, JohnsonDiversey
Registration: 7:30am – 8:00am
Program: 8:00am – 12:00pm