- This event has passed.
EBC Annual Industry Summit: The Business of the Environment, Energy & Climate Change
November 5, 2010 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Understand Trends that will Impact Strategic Planning
The Economist magazine called this the worst recession since the Second World War. With the speed of the recovery an unknown and with upcoming congressional and gubernatorial elections this fall, there are lots of questions about when and where future growth opportunities will develop. This EBC program will first provide a reflection on the outlook for the economy and post-election reflections. Two experts will then present their observations about key government and industry trends for the three major business sectors important to members of the Environmental Business Council:
- Environmental Industrial Sector
- Power and Renewable Energy Sector
- Climate Change Sector
Each sector speaker will focus on policy, legislative and regulatory developments that could have a significant impact to your business. Plan to attend this EBC program and gain a greater understanding of those factors impacting the environmental, energy and climate change business sectors and learn how these factors may impact the strategic planning process for your company.
Reflections from the Marketplace – Following the sector presentations, a panel of public and private sectors representatives will present their views on the market place and developing trends.
- Michael Goodman, Associate Professor and Chair Department of Public Policy- University of Massachusetts
- Andrew Paterson, Principal, Verdigris Capital/EBJ Board Member
- Beth Daley, Environmental Reporter, Boston Globe
- Richard Tabors, Vice President Energy & Environment, Charles River Associates
- Grant Ferrier, Editor, Environmental Business Journal and Climate Change Business Journal
- Mary Beth Gentleman, Chair Energy Practice and Co-head Energy Technologies and Renewables Group, Foley Hoag
- James Hunt, Energy and Environmental Director, City of Boston
- Gregg Dixon, Senior Vice President of Marketing, EnerNOC
- Ira Leighton, Deputy Regional Administrator, USEPA Region 1
- Catharine de Lacy, Corporate Director, Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Sun Products Corporation
Registration: 7:30am – 8:00am
Program: 8:00am – 12:00pm