This EBC Air Program will provide an update on the newly promulgated MassDEP air regulations as they pertain to reciprocating internal combustion engines and present an overview of industry trends in use of such engines. The new regulations define emergency use differently, and there are trends at various end use sectors (industry and institutions) in engines’ modes of employment. Altered modes of employment include demand response, peak shaving, and non-remunerative / non-emergency use.
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Dorothy Buckoski, P.E., AIChE Fellow, Senior Consultant, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
Regulatory Framework and Changes
- Marc Wolman, Branch Chief, Stationary Facilities, Air Pollution Control, MassDEP Boston Office
Manufacturers’ Representatives & Demand Response Facilitators
- Ray Berkebile, Senior Director, Engineering, CPower Energy Management
- Sten Levin, Gas Energy Technical Manager, Milton CAT Power Systems
- Michael Sanford, Team Leader, Sales Application Engineer, Cummins Inc.
Institutional Perspective – Williams College
- Maura Hawkins, President, Berkshire Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Joseph Kapas, Utility Engineer, Williams College
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Dorothy Buckoski of Epsilon Associates, Inc.Program Details
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Joan Boegel MIT Lincoln Laboratory Environmental Engineer
Dana Buske Independent Air Consulting President
LIsa Damiano Sanborn Head & Associates, Inc. Project Manager
William Howard National Grid Manager- Environmental
James Howard Cummins Power Systems Engineer – East Region
Rumman Kabir Cummins Power Systems Territory Manager
Kathryn Kaminski Harvard University Direct Central EHS Systems
Peter Kelly-Joseph Harvard University Air Quality Manager
Julia Kiberd Environmental Resources Management Senior Project Manager
Susan Marx MWRA Program Manager, Environmental
James Milley Cummins
Dale Raczynski Epsilon Associates, Inc. Principal
Heidi Richards VHB, Inc. Project Manager, Air Quality Services
Lynn Sheridan Capaccio Environmental Engineering Senior Environmental Engineer
Kevin Tyson MassDEP
Marc Wallace Tech Environmental, Inc. Vice President