- This event has passed.
EBC Air & Climate Change Program: Update on Greenhouse Gas Regulations and Reporting
January 24, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Recent developments governing the accounting and regulation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are presenting new challenges to the electric generation and industrial manufacturing sectors. Uncertainty about how biogenic sources of GHG emissions will be classified is influencing new capital investment and may place new regulatory burdens on existing facility operations. Additionally, as voluntary and mandatory GHG reporting programs evolve they require companies to adopt more sophisticated accounting procedures. This EBC program will provide an update on recent GHG regulatory and reporting developments and an opportunity to learn how leading New England companies are meeting these requirements. Also, updates on federal and state GHG permitting and reporting programs will be provided by US EPA Region 1 and MassDEP staff.
Peter H. Anderson
Principal, Geosyntec Consultants, In.c
- Bob Cleaves, President, Biomass Power Association
- Will Campbell, Environmental Specialist, Covanta SEMASS Facility
- Thomas Mackie, Shareholder, Mackie Shea O’Brien, P.C.
- Tim Williamson, Esq., Deputy Regional Counsel, U.S. EPA – Region 1
- Amy Trojecki, Director of Environmental and Fuels Policy, Constellation/Exelon
- Shutsu Wong, Environmental Engineer, U.S. EPA – Region 1
- Will Space, Environmental Analyst, MassDEP
- Kathrin Wrinkler, Vice President, Corporate Sustainability and Chief Sustainability Officer, EMC Corporation
- Deanna Trudeau, Senior Environmental Engineer, EMC
- Johanna Jobin, Director, Corporate Responsibility, EMD Millipore