- This event has passed.
EBC/AIM Earth Week 2006 Program
April 20, 2006 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Best Practices in Corporate Stewardship: Featuring Speakers from Leading Companies
How do they do it?
- Ben & Jerry’s – How a leading green company is finding it challenging to meet its goals for energy conservation and greenhouse gas reduction
- Polaroid – How a consumer products company is demanding that its suppliers demonstrate good corporate stewardship through its procurement requirements
- Textron – How a major industrial company has reduced its waste through Six Sigma techniques
- National Grid – How a major utility protects and enhances wildlife habitat.
Time: 7:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Environmental Business Council of New England
- The Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM)
Andy Rubin, Vice President of Corporate Sustainability
You’re probably aware of the recent announcements from CEO Lee Scott about Wal-Mart’s commitment to corporate stewardship, and the potential for market transformation is enormous, but some are skeptical. Hear for yourself and decide.
Closing Remarks and Inspirational Call to Action:
Peter Kinder, founder and President
KLD Research and Analytics, Inc.
A leading proponent of Socially Responsible Investing
|7:30 a.m.||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m.||Welcome: Jon Feinstein, Chair EBC|
|8:15 a.m.||What are the Best Practices?Speaker: Leo Pierre Roy, Managing Director
Environmental and Energy Services Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.Survey Report and Analysis
|9:30 a.m.||Coffee Break|
|10:00 a.m.||How do Companies do it? – Panel of Best PracfticesEnergy – Stonyfield FarmsWaste – Raytheon
Supplier Requirements – Polaroid Corporation, Charles Mahar
Wildlife Habitat – National Grid, Tom Sullivan
|11:00 a.m.||Closing Remarks and an Inspirational Call to ActionSpeaker: Peter D. Kinder, President, KLD Research & Analytics, Inc.|