Federal Agency Ocean Management Programs
Thank you to our Member Company, Foley Hoag LLP, for hosting this program at their facility.
The management of federal ocean waters is front and center with the National Policy for the Stewardship of the Ocean, our Coasts and the Great Lakes and the strategic action plans currently being drafted. One challenge is to understand the myriad laws, policies and regulations governing use and protection of ocean resources including water quality, ports and waterborne transportation, energy, maritime safety and national security. At this EBC program, representatives of federal agencies will describe their programs and responsibilities and reflect on the new framework for strengthening and coordinating ocean governance and the nine national priority objectives. This is the opportunity to hear from those involved and gain an understanding of how implementation of the National Ocean Policy is being formulated and where potential business opportunities will develop.
- Jack Wiggin, Director, Urban Harbors Institute
- Curtis L. Thalken P.E., COL (ret), Vice President, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
- Mel Cote, Jr., Manager, Ocean and Coastal Protection Unit, U.S. EPA – Region 1
- Darryl Francois, Projects Chief, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Brian Valiton, New England District, Regulatory Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Ron Beck, Chief, Energy Facilities Branch, U.S. Coast Guard, First District
- Denise Desautels, Deputy Regional Counsel, NOAA