- This event has passed.
EBC 6th Annual Environmental, Energy & Engineering Career Fair
April 6, 2010 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thank you for registering for the career fair, featuring two information panels on navigating the job search in a tough economy. See below for an updated list of showcasing companies and an agenda for the two panel sections. All are free and open to the public.
Companies and organizations showcasing at the career fair:
AMEC Earth and Environmental, Inc.
Roux Associates, Inc.
The Environmental Quality Company
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
Young Professionals in Energy- Boston
This year’s career fair will feature two panels on navigating the career search process as a job seeker.
12:00 PM Getting Hired- A Job Seeker’s Perspective
Moderator: Danielle Pillion, Friends of Fort Point Channel
- Social Media– John Bergdoll
- Using web 2.0 as a tool for gaining credibility in your field and getting hired
- Entrepreneurship – Doug Denny-Brown, DDB Consulting
- Making the transition from job seeker to self-employed; the advantages and disadvantages of starting your own business
- Getting hired– Jennifer Bernazani-Ludlum, Ferriter Scobbo & Rodophele PC
- Executing a successful job search
1:30 PM Getting Hired- The Insider’s Perspective
Moderator: Mike Spinale, Triumvirate Environmental
- Professional Recruiter– Mike Reardon, Aerotek
- What head hunters are looking for in a candidate, and how they can advocate for you
- Graduate Admissions– Laura Andrews, Antioch University New England
- Making the decision to go back to school to make yourself a more competitive candidate
- Career Adviser/Councilor– Leenie Glickman, Turning Point Boston
- The advantages of working with a professional career councilor
- Human Resources– Mary Tighe, AMEC Earth and Environmental
- How to land and prepare for the interview