- This event has passed.
EBC 4th Annual Ocean Management Conference: Progress Update: Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan
July 10, 2009 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Thank you to our Member Company, Foley Hoag LLP, for hosting this program at their facility.
The draft Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan will be released by the Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs for public review and comment by June 30, 2009. This program will be one of the first opportunities to hear Assistant Secretary Deerin Babb-Brott detail the plan?s goals and implementation strategies. Robert LaBelle, Deputy Associate Director for Offshore Energy and Minerals Management, Minerals Management Service will talk about the federal government?s initiatives and programs for managing the resources and uses in US waters. A panel of scientists and managers will report on the science and technology being developed or used to inform and improve decision making in the ocean.
Assistant Secretary for Ocean and Coastal Zone Management
Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Robert LaBelle, Deputy Associate Director
Offshore Energy and Minerals Management
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Department of Interior
- Environmental Business Council
- Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
- Marine and Oceanographic Technology Network
- Massachusetts Ocean Coalition
- New England Marine Renewable Energy Center
- Northeastern Regional Association of Coastal Ocean Observing Systems
- Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Massachusetts Ocean Partnership
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- United States Environmental Protection Agency