Each year, the Environmental Business Council of New England (EBC) recognizes companies, organizations and individuals for outstanding environmental / energy accomplishments in the promotion of a sustainable, clean environment through the EBEE Awards. The EBEE Awards are presented at the EBC’s Annual Award Celebration, held annually in June. These awards were established by the EBC to encourage companies, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and environmental professionals to serve as models for others to emulate and, in doing so, further the mission and objectives of the EBC.
2018 Annual Meeting and EBEE Awards Celebration
Wednesday June 27, 2018
Cocktail Reception from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Dinner and Awards Program from 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Marriott Copley Place
110 Huntington Avenue
Congratulations to the 2018 EBC EBEE Award Recipients!
Award Project: Senator Joseph Finnegan Park at Port Norfolk
Award Description: In Recognition of the Outstanding Collaboration Resulting in the Comprehensive Remediation and Transformation of the Contaminated Shaffer Paper Site into the Senator Joseph Finnegan Park at Port Norfolk
- Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- GEI Consultants
- Halvorson Design Partnership, Inc.
- Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- DeRosa Environmental Consulting, Inc.
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC
Accepting the Award:
- Robert Lowell, Acting Chief Engineer, Massachusetts Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Anne Leifer, Senior Project Manager, GEI Consultants
- Cynthia Smith, Vice President, Halvorson Design Partnership, Inc.
- Michael Howard, Principal, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Meg McArdle, Managing Scientist, Exponent
- Michael DeRosa, Principal, DeRosa Environmental Consulting, Inc.
- Travis Sumner, Principal, SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC
Making Remarks on Behalf of the Award Recipients: Robert Lowell, Acting Chief Engineer, Massachusetts Department of Conservation & Recreation
Presenting the Award: Daniel Sieger, Assistant Secretary for Environment, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Award Description: In Recognition of Outstanding Leadership and Dedication to Government Service and for Significant Contribution to the Quality of the Environment in Massachusetts
Award Recipient: Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Presenting the Award: Thomas A. Mackie, Outgoing Chair, Environmental Business Council; Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea, P.C.
Award Project: Worcester Ice Center
Award Description: In Recognition of the Multi-Million Dollar Remediation and Redevelopment of the Abandoned Sinter Metals Manufacturing Complex into the Worcester Ice Center, a Canal District Recreational Destination
- New Garden Park, Inc.
- City of Worcester
- Nover-Armstrong Associates, Inc.
- Trident Environmental Group, LLC
- GKN Sinter Metals
- Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center
- Tighe & Bond
Accepting the Award:
- Craig Blais, President & CEO, New Garden Park, Inc.
- Lauren A. Liss, President & CEO, MassDevelopment
- Michael E. Traynor, Esq., Chief Development Officer, City of Worcester
- Marylou Armstrong, LSP, Nover-Armstrong Associates, Inc.
- William Nineve, Owner, Trident Environmental Group, LLC
- Paul Hoffmann, HSE Director – Americas, GKN Sinter Metals
- Susan P. Rucker, Partner, and Jessica K. Rucker, Director of Communications, Worcester Sports Center LLC DBA Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center
- Matthew Abraham, Project Manager, Tighe & Bond
Making Remarks on Behalf of the Award Recipients: Jessica K. Rucker, Director of Communications, Worcester Sports Center LLC DBA Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center
Presenting the Award: Timothy P. Murray, President & CEO, Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce
Award Project: MBTA Bartlett Yard Remediation and Redevelopment
Award Description: In Recognition of Outstanding Leadership for the Remediation and Redevelopment of the Contaminated MBTA Bartlett Yard Brownfield Site into Bartlett Place, an Innovative Urban Mixed-Used Development in Roxbury
- Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation
- Windale Developers, Inc.
- Weston & Sampson
Accepting the Award:
- David Price, Executive Director, Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation
- Arnold C. Johnson, President, Windale Developers, Inc.
- Paul V. Uzgiris, Team Leader, Weston & Sampson
Making Remarks on Behalf of the Award Recipients: David Price, Executive Director, Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation
Presenting the Award: Alexandra Dapolito Dunn, Regional Administrator, U.S. EPA – Region 1
Award Description: In Recognition of Meritorious Service, Leadership and Dedication to Improving the Quality of the Environment and to the Development of the Environmental – Energy Industry in New England
Award Recipient: Thomas A. Mackie, Chair, EBC Board of Directors; Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea P.C.
Presenting the Award: Michael J. Scipione, Vice Chair – Strategic Planning, EBC Board of Directors; President, Weston & Sampson
Sponsor the Annual EBEE Awards Celebration
Gain visibility and recognition for your company and sponsor the 2018 EBEE Awards Dinner, the EBC’s most attended annual program. Sponsorship increases the presence and visibility of your company and builds awareness that identifies you as a leader in the industry. Your logo will be displayed in front of 250+ attendees and program messages will reach those attendees via the program book.
Join the industry leaders below that have already committed to sponsorship!
Register to Attend
Register now and help us congratulate the winners in style at this exciting event! Mingle with clients, colleagues, and VIPs at an open bar reception followed by a gourmet dinner at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston.
Single Ticket, EBC Member: $200
Single Ticket, Non-member: $250
Single Ticket, Government or Nonprofit Affiliation: $50
Table of Eight, EBC Member: $1200
Table of Eight, EBC Non-member: $1400
Table of Eight, Government or Nonprofit Affiliation: $400
All ticket and table purchases are non-refundable after 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. on June 25, 2018.