- This event has passed.
Combustion, Cooling, & Energy Conservation Workshop: How to Save Money & Prevent Pollution by Strategic Energy Management
June 27, 2007 @ 7:30 am - 4:45 pm
If you want to save money, and reduce energy use and pollutant emissions from combustion, heating, and cooling, then this workshop is for you! This workshop is intended for industrial facilities, businesses, municipalities, state agencies, consultants, and institutions such as colleges, universities, and hospitals.
Learn how to:
- Use strategic energy management to reduce demand by proper sizing, operation, and control of equipment;
- Clean up your supply by efficiency improvements and combined heat and power (CHP);
- Assess the efficiency of your steam system or boiler; and
- Assess financing options, work effectively with engineers and energy service providers, and gain management support.
Breakout sessions for industry and other sectors will cover:
- Use of Department of Energy (DOE) Quick PEP software to benchmark your process and identify opportunities;
- DOE and EPA software to assess industrial process heat and CHP options;
- How to benchmark your building energy use and assess improvements; and
- Success stories.
Detailed Agenda (with Presentations)
This conference is sponsored by the
- US Environmental Protection Agency – New England Office
- Air & Waste Management Association – New England Section
- Environmental Business Council
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance
and supported by the US Department of Energy.
Disclaimer: Although EPA is a co-sponsor of this event, EPA is not asking for funds, nor endorsing any fundraising, in connection with this event.
TOURS – In addition, the workshop will offer a tour of
- Biogen’s cogeneration facility
- MIT’s cogeneration plant and steam system
- Genzyme’s headquarters’ green building
CEUs – This conference has been approved to give Continuing Education Credits to Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction planners.
Vendor Fair: This conference will also feature a tabletop Vendor Fair that will feature innovative companies/organizations that include utilities, providers of technical assistance, and vendors of energy-saving products and services.
- Vendor Guidelines and Vendor Layout (PDFs)
- Cost to Exhibit: $250.00 Private Sector, $200.00 Public Sector (includes one six-foot table and one conference registration)
Space is limited.
Questions: Contact Roy Crystal of EPA at 617-918-1745, or at [email protected].
If you require reasonable accommodations, please contact the EBC at 617-725-0207.
Directions to parking (PDF).