Please note: This program has been cancelled.
If you were a registered attendee your payment was automatically refunded.
Dam and hydropower engineering have origins that go back thousands of years. The Greeks used water wheels to grind wheat into flour. The Romans built dams and aqueducts to bring water to areas where they needed it. Since their ancient beginnings, dams and hydropower applications have advanced, whether it be through new materials or a better understanding of the engineering behind these facilities. Innovations in dam and hydropower engineering are still occurring today. This EBC Dam Management Program will be focused on three unique hydropower applications as well as a discussion about risk and its application to dam engineering. The program will conclude with a panel discussion with each of the presenters.
This program will be immediately followed by an EBC Dam Management Committee Program Planning Meeting. We encourage all event attendees to stay for the meeting – please register in advance.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Matthew A. Taylor, P.E., Associate Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Peter H. Baril, P.E., Principal/Hydrologic Engineer, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- David Duquette, CEO, Littoral Power Systems Inc.
- Lenny Lozinsky, Vice President, French Development Enterprises, LLC
- Salvatore Scuderi, President, Scuderi Clean Energy
- Nicholas Scuderi, Vice President, Sales & Business Development, Scuderi Clean Energy
Final Agenda – Dam Management Program Innovative Technologies in Dam and Hydropower Engineering