Thank you to our Sponsor
This EBC Rhode Island Chapter morning program will provide an overview of the good, bad and ugly of getting a renewable energy project sited, permitted, and running in Rhode Island, including available funding incentives, regulatory and interconnection challenges, and lessons learned. We’ll hear from several firms who have successfully navigated the local waters and have operational or approved facilities. Case history presentations will be followed by a panel discussion focused on the current climate for renewable energy development in Rhode Island, where these entrepreneurs see the market going, how Rhode Island compares to other states in the region, and areas in need of improvement.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Edward Summerly, Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Christian F. Capizzo, Counsel, Shechtman Halperin Savage, LLP
Offshore Wind Energy – Block Island Wind Farm
- Matthew Morrissey, Vice President, Deepwater Wind
Landfill Gas to Energy – The Largest Renewable Energy Facility in Rhode Island
- Glen Lockhart, General Manager, Broadrock Renewables
Anaerobic Digestion – Turning Food Scraps to Fuel
- Beth Clark, Project Development Manager, Blue Sphere Corporation
Solar Energy – Beneficially Reusing Closed Landfills
- Everett Tatelbaum, Vice President, Kearsarge Energy, LP
Financial Assistance Programs of the RI Infrastructure Bank
- Jeff Diehl, Executive Director, RI Infrastructure Bank